Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, February 3, 2014

Savory, Sweet, Snacks

                                         Rice,lentils, kale, sundried tomatoes, sriracha

Chunky potato-lentils soup with kale and carrots, onion, and garlic sauteed in a little red curry paste

Spring greens mix, tofu, avocado, carrot, tomatoes with apple cider vinegar, cayenne, and salt

G bought me this shortbread cookie from Body & Soul that I had with genmaicha (green and toasted rice) tea


I found sample size Ritter marzipans! This is good news since I get a little out of control around the full size bars. These are so good.

We picked up these mini ice cream sandwiches for dessert one night. They're good, although we were calculating how many of these would be the equivalent of the number of cookies we usually eat for dessert. Go big or go home. (Ultimately, we only had one each.)

I made popcorn one night while watching Blue Valentine. With salt and nooch on top. Simple stuff. Good movie.

Empire apple from the Farmer's market. So crisp and sweet, though the skin was a little tough. I'm on a never-ending search for a perfect apple. Which isn't helped by the fact that I can never remember which types I've had or liked. The brain is all mushy like snow slush.

Aaaaand finally, I nabbed a sample size bag of these new chili flavored pistachios that were beeing handed out the other day. I like them! They taste kinda pizza-y. Or maybe more Doritos-y? Anyway, tasty.

22 comments:

  1. Reading this just put me over the edge and now I have to go eat soup leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish a boy would want to bring me a cookie. I wish a boy, full stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, maybe get a gingerbread man. It fulfills both needs.

      Delete
    2. Well-played indeed, except it doesn't work when it comes from someone in a long-term relationship. ;)

      Delete
  3. So much great stuff in this post! I love the cuteness of all of the sample sizes. The sample size of the pistachios is my favorite, such a cute little bag. The marzipan chocolate is soooooo good but definitely rich. The heart cookie is so cute and I've been enjoying snacking on popcorn lately too. All of the savory dishes look great as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sample sizes too! Sometimes they are the perfect serving, even if I WANT to eat more.

      Delete
  4. Yum! I love those snacks. And I admire your bright meals. Do you consciously require colors, or is it just natural now? I can slip into beige so easily, but I do crave kale on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, it probably comes as second nature... but there are really just certain vegetables that I feel like I need to eat on a regular basis, or it isn't a salad without. I try to keep beige/carby things as a small component.

      Delete
  5. I want the potato lentil soup in my belly right now! And that cookie! I love shortbread cookies and green tea, what a happy combination! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, the soup was really good. It was G's idea - I rarely eat potatoes but they added a lot. The cookie was pretty until I dunked it in the tea and the chocolate stripes melted off..

      Delete
  6. That Ritter stuff is like chocolate crack or something. I don't buy them because I can't keep them in the house without going a bit OTT. I'm almost glad So Delicious ice cream sandwiches don't exist over here for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I love marzipan enough on its own, but obviously everything is better with chocolate. The ice cream sandwiches were not fantastic but they were VERY edible.

      Delete
  7. Oh that soup with the potatoes looks SO good. I really need to go food shopping one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have been really bad at it lately too! It's too cold to leave the house on days off and too icy to carry bags home safely from the city.

      Delete
  8. I had a lentil soup that looked very much like that for lunch today! Yay! And we may or may not be down to our last few Ritter Sport minis from the xmas stockings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lentils rule all winter long. I would not have leftover minis that long!

      Delete
  9. Not much left to say about the grub that hasn't been said before. So I'll comment on Blue Valentine. The death of the dog was too depressing and I have yet to accept Michelle Williams as a real actress. She is one of those actresses that I always keep thinking while I watch her, "That's Michelle Williams pretending to be an actress." At least Ryan Gosling is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ryan Gosling is super hot. I like his kinda lisp too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally distracted by that dk choco marzipan- that is maybe my favorite chocolate EVER.
    G gets serious brownie points for that cookie!
    Blue valentine was great because, well, ryan gosling! But i agree with shen re:michelle williams- all i can see are paparatzzi pics on pg6 of her when she's in a film. Why doesn't everyone have noochy popcorn?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  12. Genmaicha, yum! Doritos-y pistachios?! I would love to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.