Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Back to Reality

Uuuugghhh, not Sticky Fingers food. I can hardly bear to post.
Came home from vacation to a pretty empty fridge, which is always a sad sight.

Yummmm, half a lime!! I bought soup from the drugstore for dinner that night.
The next morning I made a smoothie (protein powder, frozen kale, frozen banana, frozen cherries, almond milk) and went to the store.

 
                                      Broccoli, avocado, lemons, onion, banana, collards

      pumpernickel bread, cherry tomatoes, roma tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, and mint

                                And tea! There was no caffeinated tea in the apartment either!

 I did a little prep that day, mainly a raw collard salad with avocado and tomato, but what I most enjoyed was this iced mint tea. Added a little stevia, cause that's what I do now, I guess.

Anyhow, I ate the collard salad in two days, and then realized I hadn't prepped anything else, so this was lunch today: stewed spicy tofu and vermicelli noodles. This ought to last about 2-3 meals. I'll probably try to add more veg to the noodles at home, but I had errands to run on my lunch break so this was quick.
The errand was looking for inexpensive but nice looking shoes for my friends' wedding this weekend.
Picked up some black heels but I dunno if I'll be able to walk in them. Still might wear my combat boots. Til then, Haxan has a little box to plop her butt in:


Hope to get back into the swing of making my own meals again soon...

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Cat in a box!!! Your fridge may be empty but at least it's clean. Mine is kind of disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat in a Box never gets old.
      I wiped the fridge down a little for the photo ;)

      Delete
  2. The Haxan pic is winning this one for me, though the tofu does look pretty kickass. Though nothing, spicy and tofutastic, can beat a cute cat chilling in an odd receptacle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tofu was good, though not as spicy or otherwise flavored as it could have been.

      Delete
  3. This post should be retitled "Back To Living The Dream" where one can just walk down the street to find Spicy Stewed Tofu.

    Haxan is seriously box deprived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I think about that sometimes. The thing is, I knew that this place sold that kind of stuff. I wonder if I were in other city that I didn't know as well would have similar options but I'd just miss them assuming it wasn't there. You know what I mean?

      Delete
  4. Aww Haxan!! Too cute!! Empty fridges are so sad but it looks like you filled it with some great stuff. Hooray for pumpernickel! :) The iced tea looks really tasty and refreshing. The noodles also look especially good. Ahhh welcome back to the grind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The iced tea was really good! I wish I had more right now...
      The noodles were nice too. Surprisingly peppery!

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness for frozen foods after getting home from trips. Also, I love that kitties loves boxes. Also, that iced tea looks the most refreshing!

    Good luck walking in the heels! I am a fan of them (better to step on the patriarchy with....a reclaiming sort of thing, you know), but I think rocking combat boots at a wedding would rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I ought to have thought ahead a little better.
      I went with flats for the wedding..but they still hurt, ha!

      Delete
  6. ooo returning to my kitchen after a vegan vacay is always the worst. I don't feel tooo sorry for you since you can just walk on over to dunwell...:) I looked at all of your trip posts - looks fun and yummy. I have yet to visit Sticky Fingers! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So for the last five minutes I've been imagining a random drugstore that has tureens of soup in the back and I was horrified. I'm assuming you meant a can. Here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.